Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Enclosed is a Puzzle- Spoilers

Today's piece is fanart for Professor Layton and the Unwound Future, and it gives away an important revelation, so in case any of you will someday play that game and don't want it given away, the picture is down at the bottom of the post. If you have played the game, I recommend also looking at the picture in my Deviantart Gallery, where I wax theological about the story's merits and meaning.

I post it here because I am so very pleased and proud of how the wall turned out. I did it through a multi-layered process of ink painting. First I masked the window and the direct light falling on the wall. I mixed a grey with yellow in it and a grey with blue in it and used these to wash broadly the general distribution of light. When that had dried, I masked the highlights on the bricks and layered deeper shadows. Finally I put in the small shadows on the bricks. I am very happy with the results. Often I cannot do justice to the picture I conceive in my mind. This time, I surpassed it.


No comments: