Thursday, October 11, 2012

Clocks from Summer

In Minnesota this Summer, I acquired some great new clocks. I usually do, since antique prices in the small towns there are much better than in this big city.


This one I actually didn't acquire; it's my uncle's. An mid-century electric model that would have been hardwired into a wall in an office maybe, or train station? ^u^


This lovely miniature grandfather is an Engstler. It has a pendulum movement and should work once I can get it cleaned and oiled. It also has a secret (or not-so-secret, since the door handle is clearly visible) compartment in the base.


The Diehl on the left is my first working clockwork watch! It doesn't run very long after winding, but it does run! The band it came with was all corroded so I'm on the lookout for a new one. The little watch on the right doesn't work, so I removed the face and flipped the movement upside-down in the watch case, making the beautiful works visible for a unique bracelet.

No comments: