Friday, January 31, 2014

Computers, books, and birds

I haven't posted in a while, but I've been drawing a lot. Why I haven't posted, behold:


My poor computer, a Toshiba Satellite I'd had for four years, broke. I turned it on one morning and the screen remained black and not all the usual little lights went on. We tried different things all day, until a loud rattling started and smoke began coming out. It was then I resigned myself to getting a new one.

I did, and we took the old one apart as you see above, to get at the hard drive to try to recover my data. Fortunately, it was all there, so I transitioned to the new one without much fuss. It was a big expense, though, so to help a little with that, for a limited time I'm doing single-figure drawing commissions for only ten dollars. I've got four slots open currently, so email me at snowflakeclockwork [at] gmail [dot] com if you're interested.

One of the things I was going to blog about was this:


I received a copy of Life is Crumbly from the author, Jansina! It's always so cool to see your drawings printed with the story.



Finally, I wore a different professional artistic hat for the first time, photographer! My brother hired me to take some pictures of him and his girlfriend at the park. I'm not posting any because they're theirs, but a lot of them turned out really well. (If you know us personally, I believe they shared some on their facebooks.) Anyway, during that shoot, I found a dead pigeon. You might not want to look below if that kind of thing bothers you, but I think it's quite beautiful.





No comments: