Thursday, May 24, 2012

I made a bag


That I did! It's for me, and made of denim and upholstery that I had in my fabric stash. The only thing I had to buy to make this was some interfacing, and that cost 65 cents. 


I didn't do perfect turning the corner, but I really like the upholstery colors.


The clasp is a wallet, cut in half and each half sewn to each side. As it turned out, the bag was too floppy for the clasp to stay shut by itself, so I supplemented it with zippers. Fortunately they were a matching color too! (In my opinion, but I am told I the colors I think look great together are crazy.)


The handle is an old belt.


In hindsight I should have made it less wide, but it'll do.

This is what's going in it so far:

A sketchbook, a notebook, crayons, and another set of watercolors to supplement those in my purse. The whole idea of this is to be a slightly-less necessary addition to the necessities I carry in my purse, which is jam-packed with my wallet, checkbook, coin purse, moleskine, keys, phone, smaller watercolor set, pencils and pens, and my waterbrush, which I might post an entry about soon. (I love it!)

No comments: