Tuesday, October 1, 2013

St. Therese coloring page


Due to health issues and things making me busy, I won't be able to send out October's pages till a couple days into the month. So that folks don't miss the first few days, I'll be posting them here.

It was a little strange to draw St. Therese not in a Carmelite habit, but I wanted to have Pope Leo XIII, so I did the episode where she talked to him when she wasn't supposed to, to try to get his permission to enter Carmel when she was fifteen. Why on earth couldn't I give him a halo, I ask you? He should totally be canonized. And you know how in some of the Sherlock Holmes stories, it mentions Sherlock working for the Pope? That would have been him.

Sign up for coloring pages of every single saint's day here!

2 comments:

Melody said...

I always loved this story from her life!
Which "Sherlock Holms" stories mention the Pope? I don't remember those, but I'd love to read them!

Mary MacArthur said...

One of them is "The Adventure of Black Peter" in The Return of Sherlock Holmes. I can't find the other at present. It's just mentions, but still cool.