Monday, July 8, 2013

What I'm doing on my Summer--Michigan?!

At the end of May my family and I left for Minnesota. But somehow, unforeseenly, I ended up spending the first week and a half in Michigan, with a community of Franciscan Sisters of the Eucharist! Lovely place, anyway.

Killdeer on her nest! If you look hard you can see the eggs.

Visited a basilica in Grand Rapids. It had great windows.


And the Sisters had several cool clocks!

This one may not look like much, but it's an original Westclox in a school building from the twenties!

And then, we got to go and swim in Lake Michigan. It was freezing cold, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity; that's the lake that the second Blue Beetle, Ted Kord's, secret base is connected to, and that he'd fly his ship, the Bug, out of to go fight evil! 

This is Fred. He has no feelings. (Inside joke)

No comments: