Friday, July 26, 2013

One new clock

This post contains doll nudity!


I said before I often get clocks in Minnesota, because they cost less than in this huge city. This year I only got one, but it's pretty cool.


It's an old Westclox with an acrylic case. It works, though it doesn't stay running long between windings. The coolest thing about this clock is because of the clear acrylic, you can see the movement without opening it up!

You can see the gears ticking away!

I bought it at a garage sale for five dollars. Here's another one for sale for rather more. The same garage sale also had a beautiful Sessions, rather like this one, but they were asking $150 for it. I wish I'd brought my camera for that one.

Since I have another tag for something I collect, I might as well mention I bought a (relatively) inexpensive ball-jointed doll from Volks.


She's for an illustration class I'll be teaching in the fall, because we can't have a live model, and those wooden mannequins are boring. I'll make her some underwear to make sure I don't get in trouble with students' mothers. What should her name be?

No comments: