Sunday, September 18, 2016

Lepanto in Space in-process

I should have posted this on Sept. 11th, but I didn't get the time. An in-process photo of my Our Lady of Victory, Star of the Sea of Stars painting.


It was before I did the marker coloring on the spaceships; I think it looks pretty cool this way too. Also, being a digital photo rather than a scan, it gives a different view of the colors, which any digital representation of a traditional piece can never capture fully.

I also wanted to put the following quote with it, which I found in this article.
Catholic sources often do not mention a crucial fact, which is present in some Muslim sources. The latter say – and up to this point all Catholic sources agree – that there was a certain time when the situation of Catholics seemed desperate. There had been a terrible clash between the two armies on board ships, and in this stage of the battle, Catholics were in retreat and the situation seemed completely lost. But suddenly, when least expected, the Muslims began to back away, and when some of them were asked what was happening, they replied that a lady dressed as a queen had appeared in the sky, gazing at them with such a scary look that they lost all their courage and started to run away.
May it be so again! Our Lady of Victory, pray for us!

No comments: