Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Year One

A year ago today, I posted the first chapter of a large undertaking, my elegant gothic lolita style Batman fancomic, Batman: Decadence.

I had hoped to have the latest chapter ready for today, but professional work, a trip to Texas for my brother's wedding, and health issues made that not happen. But here something neat: my sister Anna carved the Decadence version of the bat symbol out of wood.


I have learned a lot from this project already. Nothing improves one's drawing like drawing as much as one possibly can till one thinks one can draw no more and then drawing some more. Pacing, flow, writing, and finding the right balance of American and Japanese comics style are all ongoing challenges. I truly hope to have the next installment ready by the 25th of next month!

No comments: