Monday, September 9, 2013

St. Peter Claver coloring page


Today is the feast of St. Peter Claver. For his page, I wanted to get down to it and show him in the hold of a slave ship, though I'm sure I didn't draw it as awful as it really would have been.

As I've been doing this coloring book project, themes seem to develop for each month. They come from a combination of what the feasts are, what scenes I choose to show, and my interpretation and experience thereof. This work is kind of becoming my prayer life, (because I'm not very good at maintaining a regular one ^^; ) so it's quite personal. May's theme was emotion, June's action; July's a 'haunting' nature. So for September, with this, Our Lady of Sorrows, the Korean Martyrs, Padre Pio, Januarius, Lorenzo Ruiz who was martyred via tsurushi, etc., the theme to me was suffering.

Sign up for coloring pages of every saint's day here.

No comments: